Thursday, January 1, 2009

Panor Kavu - Kandathar Kavu

Panor Kavu - kandathar Kavu ( പാനോര്‍ - കണ്ടടര് ) is a small Temple situated near Palghat. This Temple is Adima Kavu ( Family Temple) for many families spread in around palghat. There are so many famlies who had relocated to other cities across india come here for worship. The Temple is under renovation by the support of devotees who visit the Temple. There is a MEL Kavu and KEZH Kavu in this Temple. Panor Bhagavathi and Kandathar Bagavathi is the Godessess name. This Temple comes under OLAPPAMANNAMANA devasom board of Kerala Temple Administration. Its also called as SRI MOOLASTHANAM.
Where is it situated?
Its approx 22 KMs from palghat city. One Can reach the temple thro Road only. Take a citi Taxi or bus which goes to Kottayi. Buses which goes to Thiruvilla will take one to Kottayi. The Temple is on the main road.
Near by Villages and Towns
  • Kottayi - 2 Kms from Temple
  • Chembai - 3-4 Kms from temple
  • Kuzhalmannam - approx 8 Kms
  • Pirayari, Koduntharapulli , Thiruthamarai are other Villages near by
Facilities:
1. Near by kulam - where one can take bath before going to the temple
2. Toilet / Rest room facilities - can be used by devotees who come from far off places
3. Temple Administration office - where all the sevas ( Vazhipadu) can be paid and taken receipts
Offerings to Godessess:
Archana, Pushpanjali, Nei Payasam, Pal Payasam, chuttu velaku, Chanthattam, padipanam.
Temple Timings:
Morning 6.00AM to 12.00 Noon, Evening 4.00PM to 8.00PM
Temple address:
Panor Kavu - Kandathar Kavu, Olappamannamana devaswom, Varode Post, Kottayi - 678572. Ph: 04922- 285927.


11 comments:

  1. Thanks mr skandan. I was looking for the kandathar kaavu details as that is my husbands family deity. Apart from the info you have posted about kandathar kaavu here, there is no information anywhere. This info really helped me to get to this place without any difficulty. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Skandan. thanks for posting this through ,iam k.madanmenon.s/o.Achutha MENON ACHU NIVAS BEMMANUR ,PARUTYPULLY.
    REALLY IAM VERY HAPPY TOGO THROUGH.BLESSING OF sri kandathar,always with our family for last so many years/SRI kandathartemple is our ADIMAKAVU.
    WE ARE BASED KODUVAYUR,KAITHAMANA HOUSE.
    THANKS ONCE MORE FOR YOUR EFFORT.POSTING THIS.IAM IN KENYA.WITH HELP OF SRI KANDATHAR / IAM HERE IN SAFE .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Skandan,

    My house is very near to kandathar kavu and I am closely related with this temple. I am one among of the organisers of prathishta day celebrations in kandathar kavu. I have around 1500 photos of this event from 2008-2001. Also I have loaded many in piccassa. Please get in touch with me subhash.damodharan@gmail.com. We can discuss further

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I more details about the person called Kandathaar. (Kandatha Raman Nair of Kottayi) who was a "mandravaadi".

    My family deity is also Kandathaar, but we are supposed to worship him only inside our homes. As Kandathaar's close friend Mannattil Korappan Nair was blessed by him thus "All your descendants can worship me at home, and need not come to kaavu". I belong to Mannattil house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Me Ramprasad of Cheerath family. Me now in Calicut and Panorkavu Kandathar kavu is our Adimakkavu. Thank u very much for the post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Skandan- Thank you for your Blog.
    Bhagavati temple was my family diety and I plan to visit in December..Your post helped a lot.
    Thank you
    Narayan Iyer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your information. This is my family deity. I belong to kallivalappil family. very happy on seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we get some more information about Kandathaar Raman Kavu?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am R.Kishore Kumar from Bangalore. Kandathil Bhagavathy at KandatharKavu is our family deity from paternal side. I offered puja in the last week of December 2015. Very happy to see the website of our family God.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visited KandatharKavu as it is my father's deity ancestral lay. During December 2015 I offered prayers at the temple. Glad to see the website of our temple.

    ReplyDelete